Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Cooking Weekend!

70chevelle70chevelle Posts: 278
edited 1:14AM in EggHead Forum
Saturday was stuffed burgers. Flattened half the burger between 2 pieces of wax paper, placed some gorganzola cheese on and then covered with another flat pattie. Turned out delicious!
002-11.jpg
004-13.jpg
006-10.jpg
010-10.jpg

Yesterday was a rack and a half of baby backs (from Sam's) Rubbed with my version of 'Cold Mountain Rub' and glazed with equal parts Sweet Baby Ray's, apple cider vinegar and Frank's hot sauce. Smoked with hickory for 2 hours, 2 hours in foil, and then glazed for 30 minutes. Fantastic!

012-5.jpg
024-1.jpg
026-1.jpg

While that was going on I baked a few loaves of bread (inside, it was 14* yesterday!). I used some stout beer in this batch, and it turned out wonderful.
021-1.jpg

Comments

• I am just curious what type of hamburger you used? 80/20?
  • RascalRascal Posts: 3,454
    Everything looks fabulous!! 8 - ),,, I love to bake, especially in this weather. Care to share the bread recipe?
  • Sorry, my wife picked up the ground meat along with the ribs at Sam's. I didn't look to see what it was :(

All my bread recipes are in bakers percentages. (ie: I weigh everything)

100% flour (50/50 mix of AP & Caputo 00)
    65% Water (substituted 2 bottles (24 oz) of stout beer about 50% of the liquid)
    2% Olive Oil
    1.5% Salt
    .5% yeast.

Overnite rise in the fridge, then a few hours on the bench in the morning, shape, and then another 1.5 - 2 hour rise before baking.
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Tis the season. Everything look wonderful. Tim ;)
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,392
    You obviously know your way around bread, it looks nice and crusty. The burgers look yummy. :)
    Can anyone translate the bread recipe for a novice like me? I sure would like to try it.. TIA!~~
  • LDDLDD Posts: 1,225
    all looks great!

that bread looks fantastic
    context is important :)
  • crghc98crghc98 Posts: 1,006
    if you have a scale start buy weighing whatever flour you are going to use and then go from there. Just multiply that weight times the percentages to get the weight of the other ingredients. You will need a good food scale.
  • Mr HollowayMr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Wow!! The bread looks excellent.
    Thank you! I just received an OXO Good Grips kitchen scale for Christmas!~~
  • WWSisWWSis Posts: 1,448
    Wow, nice job on all - a full, satisfying weekend of cookin up a storm! Nice.
  • smbishopsmbishop Posts: 1,543
    Adding the burgers to my 'list'!
    Large, Small, and a LOT of Eggcessories!  Southlake, TX
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,600
    Great lookin cooks. :)
  • Great Looking Cooks!!