Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Steaks

Frank from HoumaFrank from Houma Posts: 5,755
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hot tubbed a ribeye and sirloin this evening

Stabilized the mini at 440 dome - 90 second sear on both sides and roast to desired temp.
IMG_5357800x600.jpg

Ribeye comes off
IMG_5359800x600.jpg

Waiting on sirloin
IMG_5361800x600.jpg

Still waiting
IMG_5362800x600.jpg

Time to geaux
IMG_5363800x600.jpg

Mightyfine
IMG_5367800x600.jpg
·

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,028
    That last picture Frank is the killer :)
    Good looking meat....
    But what is the gasket?
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Great job. I like your technique using the thermapen. Your potato look great as well. :P
    ·
  • Ultra Copper gasket that I put on about a week ago

here is the link http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=1020644&catid=1
    ·
  •  
    Great looking steaks Frank and I agree with Mickey that last photo is perfect. I was to hungry to take any fancy pictures of mine. :lol:

Blair

·
  • :) :) That one was mine - didn't get a photo of my traveling companion's :) :)
    ·
  • is that a red rtv gasket? .... mine's been on for seven years!... rr
    ·
  • cancel that last post.... wrong guy.... sorry////
    ·
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    Cool, Frank!
    ·
  • thechief96thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    Great looking steaks there Frank. Never seen that method of using the thermapen. Any danger in it getting too hot to cause any issues.
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
    ·
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 7,772
    Like the idea with the T-pen, Frank. Could get expensive if you're cooking steaks for 12 though! :)

But still, after all that, your steak's still RAW! :laugh: :laugh:
    Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

"Avoid at all costs that vile spew you see rotting in oil in screwtop jars. Too lazy to peel fresh? You don't deserve to eat garlic." Bourdain
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,287
    I could gobble that now Frank!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    ·
  • Nice, Frank. I like the last picture, wish I was there for that.
    ·
  • Thats a fine looking Steak Frank

Ross
    ·
  • Thats a fine looking Steak Frank

Ross
    ·
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Great Frank. That mini is a marvel in your hands I still have to get a thermapen
    ·
  • FluffybFluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Wow Frank, that looks just delicous. I want a mini! Love how you use the thermopen.
    ·