Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

OT: Earthquake

thechief96thechief96 Posts: 1,908
edited 7:12PM in EggHead Forum
We just had a pretty good earthquake here
Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney

Comments

• ZymeZyme Posts: 180
    waiting for the intensity estimate--calaveras fault...
    4.4--wont feel it down in S.D.
  • thechief96thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    Just about 10 miles from me. We felt it pretty good for a small one.
    yeah, i'm fascinated by these things. the kind of rock you're on, the depth of them, the distance away of course.

It blows me away when they say these big ones in alaska slosh the water around a pond in arkansas. amazing stuff.

used to scare me, but hell--when i lived in the midwest the tornados were much worse!
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Glad your not up on a roof. ;)
    Nope, having some adult beverages (beer). :laugh: Had just got off a high rise building only a couple of hours before the Loma Prietta (sp) hit. That one did major damage in 89.
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    I can't imagine. :unsure:
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    OMG. I know how terrible those can be. México city not Monterrey. Hope you are well
    Everything is just fine Beli..thanks for asking
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 11,554
    Wife and I were in Boulder Creek CA the day before Loma Prieta. Visiting my brother in law. The morning before it hit, we flew to Honolulu for a few days. We were driving around Oahu and had the radio on. They announced that a major earthquake had just hit CA. That the epicenter was 12 miles north of Santa Cruz. Boulder Creek is 12 miles north of Santa Cruz!

BIL was fine, but he said they could use some new glassware!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!

…Unknown

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

I was in San Jose when it hit. My son and I had just picked up our glasses and was leaving to go watch the World Series. It hit when we were in the parking lot. I had just got a 89 T-Bird SC and thought i got a lemon since it felt like the whole front end had just fallen off. :S
  • elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    Hope all is well - be safe! :)
  • ResQueResQue Posts: 1,045
    I was only 12 when that hit living in Escondido (just outside of San Diego) I was watching the WS when it hit. It was weird seeing it on TV before we felt it. I always thought it was cool/exciting when we felt them, having to run to a door frame and wait them out.
  • 4.1 last I saw.
    The Naked Whiz