Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Tyrone's T-Bone's

HasenphefferHasenpheffer Posts: 156
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
DSCN1251.jpg
<p />I received my Large BGE for Christmas and this was the 3rd time cooking on it. I started with a T-Bone and a scrawny porterhouse. I wanted to try the Trex method but decided to explore a little. I came up with what I call Tyrone's T-Bone's. Left is T-Bone, right is Porterhouse.[p]
·

Comments

• DSCN1253.jpg
    <p />I sprinkled both sides with the BGE rub, pepper and then basted with olive oil.
    ·
  • DSCN1255.jpg
    <p />The BGE was at 750 when I dropped them on for a 2 minute sear on both sides.
    ·
  • DSCN1260.jpg
    <p />I then removed the steaks from the Egg and let rest for 15-20 minutes. At this point I also closed everything down to drop the temp to 400 degrees.
    ·
  • DSCN1267.jpg
    <p />I put the steaks back on the grill at 400 degrees and rubbed with butter and sprinkled with garlic salt. I cooked each side another 3-4 minutes on each side.

·
  • DSCN1269.jpg
    <p />Final Product. This is the porterhouse. One word... Eggalicsous!

·
  • DSCN1272.jpg
    <p />Remains...

·
  • DSCN1275.jpg
    <p />Nothing got wasted

·
  • DSCN1263.jpg
    <p />My daughter, Leah...AKA - One happy customer![p]Cheers!

·
  • ChubbyChubby Posts: 2,790
    Hasenfeffer,[p]Well....you sure know how to make a girl happy!![p]Great pics....!![p]Chubby[p]
    ·
  • Hasenfeffer, how thick were those steaks? Thanks.

·
  • Hello Bill-the-Grill,[p]They were about 1 1/2"'s thick.

·
  • Hasenfeffer,
    Ok, that was fun! Love the essay - the bone picture made me laugh out loud and the picture of Leah made me oooohhhh and aaaawwwww out loud.[p]Thanks for sharing!
    Molly

·
  • RumrunnerRumrunner Posts: 563
    lg_tbone.jpg
    <p />I've seen it happen
    ·
  • Hasenfeffer,
    Nice work, I always enjoy these pictorials.

·
  • Bobby-QBobby-Q Posts: 1,993
    Rumrunner,
    Also why TRex should be leary of floating lights and funny noises coming from the sky.

·
  • Hasenfeffer, boy you know how to be hard on a feller with his tongue all lolled out dripping and then having to open everyone of the post one at a time like that before you could get to the final product...next time I'm going to start at the bottom.

·