Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

DigiQ 2 vs Tel-Tru vs BGE thermo

2»

Comments

• BigBadger
    BigBadger Posts: 461
    Carolina Q wrote:
    .....Shouldn't HAVE to calibrate a brand new $300 device!! :angry:

Maybe not, but apparently it may help. I work with very sensitive lab equipment that is worth considerably more than $300 in value and many of these items must be calibrated for each use! So it's not unheard of to have to make an adjustment here and there.

Your gauges should be standardized by doing them all in the same boiling water at the same time. Then just for kicks, do it again at another time to see if any of them needs attention.
    Hope that helps. B)
  • BigBadger
    BigBadger Posts: 461
    rooster wrote:
    read The boiling point calculator under the cookbook heading. That makes a small difference.

While this is true, it only affects the boiling point of the liquid and not the temperature. 210°F is still 210°F regardless of the boiling point.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions, commiseration - or just wise cracks. :laugh: See my reply to Hatch (Kenny of BBQ Guru) for some of his suggestions. I'm sure it'll be fine and I do appreciate everyone's help, as always!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    I'm glad you got it sorted out. Kenny is great help. :)