Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ABTs in a pepper holder

Options
Pigasso
Pigasso Posts: 111
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Could someone give me guidance for cooking ABTs in a pepper holder - I'm looking for temp and time. I'll be using the large egg and have a holder that will take 20 peppers.[p]Thanks,[p]Matthew.

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    342853%3A323232%7Ffp8%3Enu%3D3236%3E7%3B3%3E842%3Ewsnrcg%3D3232493837833nu0mrj
    <p />Pigasso,
    This is a photo of some I made for my new Chili Grill. I'm guessing the "Pepper Holder" you're talking about is similar.[p]The best ones I made were different from those in the picture but I took some medium size jalapenos, cut the stem end off and used an apple corer to remove the veins and seeds from the inside. Then I filled each one with some cream cheese almost to the top, plugged in a Little Smoky cocktail sausage and wrapped the top half with bacon.[p]Then I stood the ABT's up in each hole and cooked them on a raised grill direct at 350° with the bottom vent almost closed for about 30 - 35 minutes. They were pretty good but not fantastic like my regular way of cooking.[p]You might also try criss-crossing some toothpicks to hold them in the hole if they are too small.[p]Hope this helps.[p]Spring Chicken
    Spring Texas USA