Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I finally got to cook. More lamb.

BobS
BobS Posts: 2,485
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We got back from Dallas yesterday and I was too tired to cook anything last night so we went with our favorite Chinese take-out.

Tonight I needed to cook and it started with shoveling a little snow on the patio and a drift outside the back door.

28-12-10LambinSnow1.jpg

I am sure I was the only one grilling in the neighborhood and it did not feel strange at all.

28-12-10LambinSnow2.jpg

Here they are as I was getting ready to pull them off the small. You can see a piece of pecan that I used for flavor.

28-12-10LambinSnow3.jpg

I added a backed potato and some sauteed asparagus and had a nice meal.

28-12-10LambinSnow4.jpg

Comments

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    I like your spirit! How's that saying go . . .
    Neither rain, nor snow or black of night will keep an determined egger from his/her grill! :unsure:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Hey Bob, the lamb chops look yummmmy, one of my favorite cuts on the grill! :cheer: Smoke aroma is wonderful with cold air, seems better in winter. I got a ham smoking in the large right now with hickory and cherry smoke. Hoooooodoggggyyyyy smells gooooood, and it's 15 degrees out.

I see some mods to your small. I got a small in October and the gasket is good but when it goes someday I'd like to replace with a better gasket. Looks like you have no gasket on the dome and the cotronics? gasket is stuck down with silicone gasket adhesive? How is this working for you? Any problems, leaks?
    Thanks for any advice you can offer me.
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    That looks delicious! I need to pick up some lamb!
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • Roudy
    Roudy Posts: 431
    Love me some lamb. Costco usually has that cut at a good price. I cooked some last week, the only difference being that I used guava wood for smoke.
  • BobS
    BobS Posts: 2,485
    Clay Q wrote:
    Hey Bob, the lamb chops look yummmmy, one of my favorite cuts on the grill! :cheer: Smoke aroma is wonderful with cold air, seems better in winter. I got a ham smoking in the large right now with hickory and cherry smoke. Hoooooodoggggyyyyy smells gooooood, and it's 15 degrees out.

I see some mods to your small. I got a small in October and the gasket is good but when it goes someday I'd like to replace with a better gasket. Looks like you have no gasket on the dome and the cotronics? gasket is stuck down with silicone gasket adhesive? How is this working for you? Any problems, leaks?
    Thanks for any advice you can offer me.

Clay, you are correct -- I have a Cotronics gasket on the bottom only and it is working very well. I used the silicon/copper adhesive and I got the gasket from RRP.

I also have it on my large and it is holding up well with my high temp pizza cooks.