Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Prime Rib Turned Out Great!

Uncle PhilUncle Phil Posts: 665
edited 6:12PM in EggHead Forum
Thanks everyone for the help in doing the Prime. At $16 a pound, I did not want to screw this one up!

Uncle Phil

IMG_6166.jpg
IMG_6160.jpg
IMG_6107.jpg
IMG_6103.jpg
IMG_6168.jpg
IMG_6171.jpg

Comments

• That looks fantastic, nice job
  • fieroguyfieroguy Posts: 777
    Hey Phil - That almost looks edible!!!
    When ya gonna have an Egg get-together in IRB?
  • Prime rib looks great and it looks like your gasket may need some attention.
  • Thanks. It does that when I have the wires from the Guru running in the Egg. I think the gasket needs attention though. It has been a few years since replacement.
  • Let's get together the first of the year and get 'er done.

Uncle Phil
  • Thanks. It was very tender and tasted great. I hated to spend the extra money, but probably worth it.

Phil
  • fieroguyfieroguy Posts: 777
    I'm definitely for that. Just let me know.
  • Lucious lookin' chunk o' meat, Phil!
    nice job B)
  • $16/LB?!?!?! That is $12/lb more than here in NM but it looks beautiful.
  • Phil, the prime rib looks great.....especially that last photo. I almost thought that meat was sitting on MY table. :laugh:

Merry Christmas!
  • Publix had standing rib at $5.97/lb., but this is true USDA certified prime and that is why the difference in price. I didn't say anything to momma cause I would have found my butt on that plate for spending that much. What was funny were the comments generated at the table about how tender and delicious it was. So, I think it was worth the money at Christmas time.

Uncle Phil
  • Thanks.
  • roosterrooster Posts: 252
    WOW!
  • Where did you find that realy prime prime rib? I am in St pete looking for a better one than the Sam's club one i cooked yesterday?
  • I got it at Publix on West Bay and Clearwater/Largo road. I think he had two left. He explained the difference between standing rib and prime to me and therefore the cost difference.