Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Christmas Bacon Explosion

DMurfDMurf Posts: 481
edited 5:39AM in EggHead Forum
Not sure if anyone has tried this but it is delicious. Here is a link to the website for all the directions Bacon Explosion. We pulled these off at Midnight Christmas morning.

As you can see this is Bacon, wrapped in Sausage, wrapped in Bacon (WoW)
BacExploCut.jpg

I used some Butt Rub for these it is my first attempt, with a litter BBQ sauce for dipping
BacExploSliced.jpg

We are going to have some sliced on biscuits for breakfast in the later morning.

Merry Christmas everyone!
David
BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.
·

Comments

• Now that I've stopped salivating.....can you pass on the details??? Amount of bacon, sausage, cook temp, time, etc. Also, what do you suggest for heartburn and cholesterol relief after eating this :)
    ·
  • Looks great! But why no BBQ sauce basted on it??!! :) Yeah, those things hit the site a couple years ago and I have done a couple. We did one for Christmas last year too, as well as some sausage and cheese stuffed bread baked on the Egg too!!

2009-12-12192326.jpg
    ·
  • Nice job on the weaving - very pretty!
    ·
  • DMurfDMurf Posts: 481
    I have a family member that is anti sauce, and I mean just about any kind of sauce.
    David
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.
    ·