Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

first 2005 photo entry

HolySmokesHolySmokes Posts: 446
edited 11:33AM in EggHead Forum
2005 Egg and Guru category!

This is definitely the warmest place to have a short rest, if you're a baby finch.[p]0101birdguru.jpg[p]I doubt he'll like the butt, but at least it wasn't chicken in the egg![p]cheers for the New Year,
HS

Comments

• GrillMeisterGrillMeister Posts: 1,611
    HolySmokes,[p]Great photo! [p]How's the guru control panel mounted?
  • HolySmokes, what a neat pic , I hope someones saving all the great pics that we see here.

• GrillMeister,
    thanks![p]Ha! LOL!! Mounted, he says...
    The guru is 'mounted' via the wing nut to an L-bracket (came with it, actually), which is then clamped to the front
    of the egg handle with a c-clamp, so it's both away from the egg and steady.[p]easy to see and use, can still use the handle, and it unmounts easy, too.[p]0101gurumt.jpg[p]'member now I just got this thing two days ago, so when I do build a real mount I'll let you know :)
    hs

• Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    HolySmokes,
    How long did the little guy hang around? We have a ton of Hummy birds out here but man they are faster than light.[p]CWM

• mollysharkmollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Hunter shoots a couple big deer and brings them to the taxidermist to have them stuffed. Taxidermist says hey, nice deer...do you want them mounted? Hunter thinks a sec. Nah, he says, just have them kissing.
    HolySmokes,[p]Cool! Works for me. I like it. No more stooping over.[p]Hook'm Horns![p]Texas 7
    Michigan 0

mollyshark,[p]Good one! LOL[p]Go Texas!

• Car Wash Mike,[p]He sat there, sleepin' and just taking it easy for about
    a half hour. He had lots of friends on our feeders, but
    no-one else joined him.[p]We have hummers here too, and for the first year it seems
    they're going to winter here (a little odd for the NW), and
    yep, fast just aint the word for those guys... Feisty, too!
    HS

• mollyshark,
    LOL!!!
    new one to me. I like!
    HS