Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need suggestions for a cooking strategy tomorrow

Options
Milledgeville GA Eggstacy
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I plan on doing moink balls and wings and would like to have them done at the same time. I have an xl, platesetter, and every thing you can buy for an xl at the ceramic grill store. I'd like to know the best temp hopefully 1 that would work for both. Should I cook on multi levels, if so what should go on top. Should I put both on at the same time etc or put chicken on and then ball 15 mins later or vice versa or what ever. Direct or indirect.

Any suggestions would help

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Just thinkin here, but wings can take a while. If you could start the wings up top, and add the moink balls on the lower level a half hour or so after the wings get going. The chicken juice dripping on the moinkballs sure ain't gonna hurt a thang. I'd go direct in the 275-300 range. Take care to keep your fire under control...not too much charcoal, and don't leave the lid open too long.

Like I said, just thinkin, but hope it helps!
    Have fun, it sounds like some good eats. Makin a big pot o' chili right now. Happy Holidays.
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ