Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Merry Christmas!

Options
Dimple's Mom
Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
edited November -1 in Off Topic
So if you want to catch up with what's been going on with me, I've uploaded our Christmas letter to my blog.
Happy holidays, everyone!

http://livinginlangley.blogspot.com/

Comments

• Misippi Egger
    Options
    Gwen,

Enjoyed reading your Christmas letter. With 5 kids between us, we can empathize with the college expenses. Thank God they are all now graduated and are self-sufficient (we hope). :-))

We will be returning to the PNW in mid-June on our way to a week at Whistler.

Check your Forum email.
  • Dimple's Mom
    Options
    Well, you had sure better time your appearance here with our eggfest, which is right around that time frame! A week at Whistler should be fun. I hear you need passports now to get into Canada if you don't have the 'enhanced' driver's license. Not many states offer them. Obviously Washington does, but I'd get the passport just to be safe.
  • Dimple's Mom
    Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    Options
    As an update to the health news in the Christmas letter, I had my follow-up with the doctor today and got a clean bill of health. The latest test showed I did not have a heart attack. The symptoms and damage shown in the tests were due to the narrowed artery and now that it's fixed, the heart has healed itself. The doc said it's not all that common for a heart to heal itself 100% as mine did, so that's good news! It shows my heart is basically strong and healthy as long as we keep the arteries open.

The initial bill for the surgery is 52K. LOL That is not even counting the doctor's bill. Or the bills from the tests before and after. Geez, who can afford to live anymore? I'm applying for financial aid from the hospitals and other services to help pay for my portion because even tho it'll be nowhere near 52K, it will still be more than I can afford. Looks like we'll be egging hot dogs and not steaks for the rest of 2011. :(