Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sharp Knives

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
When Grillmeister suggests something, it's usually good. That was the case with his latest good idea - Spyderco Tri-Angle Sharpmaker. He was bragging about sharpening his knives with one so I had to get me one. It arrived overnight from Dallas. $38.93 plus $6.99 S&H. Very fast service. I spent the morning sharpening my knives and I have to admit they are sharper than they have ever been, including my really good knives that I considered "very" sharp. I am going on record as saying this is the best knife sharpener I have ever had access to, and my Dad was a butcher who hated dull knives.[p]Looking for a nice treat for yourself, this is a good one.[p]Spring "Sharp As A Tack" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

[ul][li]Spyderco Sharpmaker 204MF[/ul]

Comments

• Dr_Redwine
    Options
    Spring Chicken,
    OK, OK. Ya'll talked me into it. I saw that post the other day as well and thought about pulling the trigger then. I just ordered one myself this AM because I hate dull knives too, and if ya'll say it's good--then it is. Not many places in this world you can just go with an opinion for things like this, huh?. I really enjoy this forum and the people here.
    Thanks for the insight.
    DrR

• GrillMeister
    Options
    Dr_Redwine,[p]Be sure to watch the video. It's about 45 minutes long and shows you how to sharpen loads of things and gives you interesting info on blades in general. The Surgeon General does not recommend watching the video while imbibing in adult beverages, cause immediately thereafter, you will have a strong urge to sharpen everything in the house. (grin)[p]Have fun. It's way too cool and my electric knife cuts brisket way to effortlessly now.[p]Happy New Year Ya'll[p]GrillMeister
    Austin, TX

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Chef Arnoldi
    Options
    thanks - now i spent some more money !!! - i look forward to use the sharpener
    thanks for sharing
    HAPPY NEW YEAR

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Spring Chicken,
    I've replaced the rods? stones? twice now It's been more than 10 years since I bought my Spyderco sharpening stones and I have gotten in the habit of taking them with me when I visit my daughters every so often. Neither of their husbands can sharpen anything. The stones will get flat where the apexes were after a while. Easily replaced though. Great investment.

• Dr_Redwine
    Options
    GrillMeister,
    Will do and not do. Thanks.
    DrR