Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Woo3 or Stoker

NoleC5
NoleC5 Posts: 176
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I know there is a pretty good price difference.....but which would you rather:

Woo3 (wok, drip pan, pizza stone)

Or

Stoker

??

Comments

•  
    I would get the Adjustable Rig and Spider

Out of the Woo3 or Stoker you probably would use the Woo3 (AR/Spider) on almost every cook. The stoker would be used once in a while. However, I love both the Stoker and AR/Spider and wouldn't be without both (all three) of them.

Adjustable Rig & Spider & Maverick ET-73 (another must for me)
    chicken1plug3rdeyeplug.jpg

Spider
    doroast3.jpg

chili1.jpg

Stoker & AR
    sausage_summer.jpg

Labor Day Brisket & AR
    ldbrisket1.jpg

Stoker monitoring the DigiQII cook

Labor Day Butts
    ldbutts.jpg

GG
  • I have found the woo3 is great for burgers, or anything direct raised. Gives you a little forgiveness if you get held up and don't get there when you should. I called ceramic grill store and talked to one of the guys there and he had some questions on what I was cooking and he recommended the woo3 rather than the spider for what I normally cook. I have not done many overnight cooks, when I do, then I will have to choose between Stoker and DigiQ
  • Eggsakley
    Eggsakley Posts: 1,019
    You are going to give yourself a lot more cooking options and ability to grow as an egger with the ceramic grill store offerings as opposed to just a stoker. Don't get me wrong, a stoker or digique are outstanding accessories as well, but are not going to give you the ability to fire a pizza or wok some egg-cellent stir fry. Just my $.02 Enjoy and good luck. I think either way a new toy is a new toy. Happy Holidays. :)
  • I just took the plung and purchased the adjustable rid and spyder :laugh: just need to figure what my first cook will be :laugh:
  • I use my adjustable rig for almost every cook (have one for both of my Lg'BGEs). I use my Stoker occasionally for long cooks only....Given that I would go for an adjustable rig (or Woo3 if thats what you like)... I also have a rig extender, and slide apparatus that I've recently found I like to use a lot too..

Here is a pic where I am using my Stoker and my Adj Rig...(w/rig extender and sliders)...

20101106_Rib_Night-4.jpg

20101106_Rib_Night-5.jpg
  • OK - I agree with every thing you said!!

Have a Merry Christmas...
  • NoleC5
    NoleC5 Posts: 176
    Definitely leaning towards Woo3 or Adjustable rig...Which one of the two?? Want to make sure that we can do wok setup.
  •  
    I bought the AR & Spider long before the Woo3 was made and haven't really looked at the woo3 very closely. I am dang happy with the AR/Spider setup. Probably you should ask again or call Tom and ask his advice.

GG
  •  
    Merry Christmas Jerry.

Kent
  •  
    I guess I need to get an extender too. I haven't used the slider setup... something else I need to look at. Love Tom's (Ceramic Grill Store) stuff.

I do have the BGE extender and this is how I do low & slow chicken. 16.5" from lump bed to meat.

chicken1.jpg

Kent
  •  
    Congratulations you will love them. Very seldom that I am not using the AR. Whenever I cook indirect I use the spider to hold my drip pan.

If you don't have one, pick up a Dutch Oven to use on that Spider. The Egg & Dutch Oven are a perfect match as long as the DO is topless.

Char Sui is a great cook to use with the new AR & Spider.

charsui1.jpg

charsui2.jpg

charsui3.jpg

charsui4.jpg

charsui5.jpg

GG
  • I use my spider to rest my wok inside of the Lg BGE...

Thai_Chicken_Stir_Fry.jpg

I actually have two spiders also (1 for each of my Lg BGEs). When cooking lots of pork butts I put a pizza stone and drip pan on the spider so I have more vertical space in the egg with my adjustable rig.. I easily fit 4 butts on the AR with space in between (could fit more I think).

Here is a pic of my second spider being used outside the egg following a wok cook.

Thai_Chicken_Stir_Fry-2.jpg