Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hey Virginian.... Lamb Kabob Marinade Recipe Please....

Options
WooDoggies
WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
BrettNBLambKabobs.jpg
<p />Would you please post the marinade for the lamb kabobs you made a few weeks back. They were simply wonderful...... and I'd like to use it with the butterflied leg of lamb that I'll be cooking here in the next few days
Thanks![p]John

Comments

• The Virginian
    Options
    WooDoggies,
    Sure thing, mon. Here tis. [p]put lamb chunks (1 pound) in a bowl.
    sprinkle with juice from one lemon.[p]In a blender put in:
    2/3 cup of yogurt (full fat)
    2 small onions, quartered
    3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
    1/2 t (half) turmeric
    1 T vinegar
    1/2 t salt
    1 t ground black pepper[p]Blend the marinade, then pour over the lamb and marinate over night. [p]Thread lamb onto skewers and grill, turning frequently until done. [p]From:
    The Encyclopedia of Asian Cooking. Octopus Books. 1980. [p]enjoy! Bring some on down this weekend if you and Wookits feel like bringing in the new year with a crowd: our door is always open. [p]Brett[p][p]

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    The Virginian,[p]Thank you! Those kababs of your'n were my favorite of the evening.... amongst a lot of really good food.[p]Unfortunately it is not looking like a go for us this weekend.... sorry to say. I talked with Hillard yesterday and he says that he and the family might be able to swing by your place on their way back from GA.
    I hope y'all will manage to have fun without us. :~)
    Regardless, we will be seeing you soon..... Happy New Year mon ami![p]John

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    WooDoggies,
    the spawn, and me, are very disappointed ;-([p]but, happy new years right back atya ;-)

• The Virginian
    Options
    WooDoggies,
    No problem. You all will be missed. Happy New year from down south! (Did I mention I was making hoppin john on the egg as one of the new year dishes?)[p]Brett