Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Starting 16 lbs of ClayQ's Pulled Beef Goodness

BashBash Posts: 1,011
edited 9:10PM in EggHead Forum
Making some pulled beef for a get together on Sunday.

Picked up 16 pounds of choice chuck roast at Costco.

Oil and Cow Lick on the roasts, then on the egg:

fbe5edb1.jpg

Almost forgot the bacon.

9a70ce17.jpg

Will have to fire up the medium for stage 2 and 3, as I can't get all 16 pounds in the 9 quart DO on the XL. Will have a 9 quart on the XL, and a 6 quart on the medium.

Can't wait.

Richard

Comments

• Mud PigMud Pig Posts: 479
    What cooking times and temps are you using? Looks like an interesting cook.
  • BashBash Posts: 1,011
    From the recipe section:

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_recipes&Itemid=71&func=detail&id=431

Many people have done Clay's Pulled Beef. Do a search to see some other posts about it.

I'll post more as I get farther along.

Richard
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 9,837
    I can't stop staring...all that bacon...all that beef!

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Looking forward to watching Richard. ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE