Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Living Cookbook question – recipe format

Geoduck
Geoduck Posts: 76
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have always had a difficult time coordinating my eyes and brain to jump between a list of ingredients and the directions.

My favorite format (which I do in MS Word) looks like this:
In a large bowl, mix:
a-
b-
c-
Add & stir gently:
a-
b-
etc.
Is this possible in Living Cookbook?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Comments

• Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Susan, I am new to Living Cookbook so I am going to refer you to RichardFl who is an expert on it. He is not online right now so he will probably answer you later. I would say you could do it because it is basically an Excel format. Good luck.
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    That is a very easy format to do in LCB. email me offline if you wish more help. Got to run to lunch with a local egghead.

Look around here and see if you like it, get a trial. My version is '05 and I am still happy with it.

http://www.radiumforums.com/index.php

You can easily do it in the Ingredients section or the Procedure Section or a combination.

TEST

I have always had a difficult time coordinating my eyes and brain to jump between a list of ingredients and the directions. ****My favorite format (which I do in MS Word) looks like this:

INGREDIENTS:
    In a large bowl, mix:
    a-
    b-
    c-
    Add & stir gently:
    a-
    b-
    etc.

PROCEDURE:
    In a large bowl, mix:
    1 a-
    2 b-
    3 c-
    Add & stir gently:
    1 a-
    2 b-
    3 etc.

Recipe Source
    Source: BGE Forum,Geoduck, 2010/12/15

Here is just one recipe. There are a lot of combinations and it is easy to search etc.

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=1011930&catid=1
  • Boatman
    Boatman Posts: 854
    Love your screen name and avitar B)
  • Thanks - now I have enuf info to know that what I want is a definite possibility so will download the trial version. Can't believe all the things it will do for such a reasonable price!