Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Looking for BGE Table ideas and Pics?

Options
Brian
Brian Posts: 73
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am getting ready to start to build a table for my BGE. I have seen in the past a few sites/web pages that shows some of the work and ideas for tables for the BGE. If any one knows where I can see some of these ideas/pics I would greatly appreciate the response and any tips you folks may have. Thanks.

Comments

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Brian,
    My ceramic FAQ page has some table plans listed, and my Table Gallery page (found in Whiz's Funhouse) has photos of a lot of different tables.
    TNW

[ul][li]The Naked Whiz Web Site[/ul]
    The Naked Whiz
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Brian,
    You really need to look at The Naked Whiz's site because there are many great ideas to incorporate into your table. Build it to your needs. When you finish, you need to let The Naked Whiz post your end result because you will undoubtedly include some of your own ideas. That's the way better and better tables get built. We Eggheads not only share recipes but table ideas too, and we all benefit from it.[p]Spring Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Brian,
    You can see a complete picumentary of mine on my website...It`s not a build for the faint of construction tho..LOL..there is aslo a small pic of it in my profile here..[p]Wess

[ul][li]WessB`s[/ul]
  • Brian,[p]I built a table for my large BGE using Simpson Strong-ties, 2x4s and scrap plywood. It's ghetto-fabulous but it suits my needs. Eventually I plan to screw cement board to the exterior and then tile it but right now it's naked.[p]If you haven't used these things before (strong-ties) go to a Home Depot and check them out. I used them to build an 8'x8' shelf system in my garage. Took me about 5 hours to build my table and the majority of that was spent in HD looking for thick enough pieces of scrap wood.[p]My table is about 5' wide and 27" deep. The cutout section for the egg is about 24" square. I put a shelf on the right side that the egg sits on. Underneath that I store my egg tools and charcoal lighting torch. On the left side I have a bigger area where I keep charcoal and hardwoods. I can't remember all the dimensions but the cooking surface of the egg is at about waist level.[p]Here's the URL to a project page at Simpson. Take the "heavy duty table" and add an extra shelf on one side and cut a hole for the egg above that and you'll end up with something like mine. http://www.strongtie.com/ftp/fliers/diy-project04.pdf[p]Good luck!
    [ul][li]Simpson strong-ties[/ul]