Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza Stone

Options
jerseymatt
jerseymatt Posts: 112
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Happy Holidays all. I got a Pizza stone for xmas and wanted to know if anyone know of other uses besides the obvious for the stone. For example can I use it for indirect cooking method?[p]By the way tried the stuffed Japps. Mixed leftover Brisket and CC, stuffed wraped in Bacon and Egged em. Pretty darn good.

Comments

• Sigmore
    Sigmore Posts: 621
    Options
    JerseyMatt,
    The stone works great for indirect. I also use it to set pots on, or meals in tin foil containers so as not to burn the contents.

• eggor
    eggor Posts: 777
    Options
    JerseyMatt,[p]keep an eye on the forum for the next week or so. I am working on 'eggrid'. a slick idea i came up with. I plan on doing a production run if it generates enough interest. pictures are worth a thousand words, so when it is finished, i'll try to get it posted.[p]Scott

• Mike in MN
    Options
    JerseyMatt,
    Absolutely, it will work for indirect cooks. I use a broken pizza stone on top of my platesetter. I have covered them both with tin foil to keep any direct liquids/juices/drippings off. If you didn't have a platesetter, you could rig this up to work...probably an extra grill and a drip pan would work just fine. But, I would cover it to protect the surface from getting all gummed up.[p]Mike in MN