Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Elf Poem

Judy Mayberry
Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Elfster, Elfster in Atlanta
Now I know there is a Santa!

Elfgift2010.jpg

From Avocados came a big box with these incredible gifts:

Carnivore BBQ Sauce in Sweet, Robust, and Chipotle flavors;

Mrs. Dash's sweet and spicy mustard;

Two bottles of Scott's North Carolina BBQ sauce;

and an oval cast iron steak griddle on a wooden base.

Thank you, Barry, for such an EXCITING assortment of goodies! I'm going to use the CI tonight.

Happy Judy in San Diego
Judy in San Diego

Comments

• tcracing
    tcracing Posts: 378
    It looks like you really scored. I feel really bad, because I stayed within the twenty-five dollar limit. This is the first time I've done this type of thing. I've seen a bunch of people that spent more than the limit. A big SORRY to my Elf. :(
    George Foreman? Who? 
    Tim C. Panama City, Fl. 
    Large, Minimax-soon
  • If your cooking, what time is dinner :woohoo: :lol: ! Good looking sauces there!
  • Judy, nice selection of sauces and a lovely piece of CI from Avocaodos! (Loved the poem Judy)

Tim, you shouldn't apologize for being within the limit. I was able to stay within the limit because I was lucky enough to stumble upon a summer clearance at Sur La Table and I stole some rub from my sister. I almost made my elf something, but decided I didn't want to risk being sued.
  • tcracing
    tcracing Posts: 378
    Rebecca, thanks for the nice words.
    George Foreman? Who? 
    Tim C. Panama City, Fl. 
    Large, Minimax-soon
  • Fornia
    Fornia Posts: 451
    eenie meenie wrote:
    I almost made my elf something, but decided I didn't want to risk being sued.

What were you gonna make for me? B) I surely wouldn't have taken any offense. But, I do know how this world can be with people and feelings. As I thought, my wife LOVES the apron. She can't wait for me to wear it for her friends at our NYE bash.

In any event, until I get to meet a few folks from this board...outside of my family and my flag, you can't offend me. ;) I like to think I'm as easy as it gets.

Rebecca, I don't care if you found a sale...you went over and above! I do appreciate it very, very much. I'm already reading up on cooks using a Salt Plate.

Now I just need to see that my Elf gets their goods! My local postmaster is notorius and well known for lacking on turning around mail, both incoming and outgoing....I'm paying them a visit first thing tomorrow morning.
  • Tim:

I'm with you. I don't have much disposable income, so I factored the postage into the money limit...which was over $11 on the package I sent. I just picked out the most outstanding few items and my Eggster was delighted with them. Look at it that way.

Judy
    Judy in San Diego
  • Jason, I was thinking about making some Hungarian Christmas cookies.....but then I got on my panettone binge and resorted to "store bought" gifts.

I'm glad your wife got a kick out of the apron.....and I'm sure your friends will get the giggles when they see it on New Years Eve. :blush: You're apron is from a street vendor in Florence. Another deal! :silly:

I'm glad you're not offended that I found your present on sale. I just couldn't pass it up and I knew exactly what I was going to do with it, lol. PattyO helped me save on the postage. If you noticed, I mailed it priority flat rate, medium sized box. The USPS will deliver anything that fits in that box for one flat rate, even it it weighed 13 lbs like your box! PattyO knew this because she mailed her elf cast iron. She's one smart lady! :) You must have noticed that I cut off part of the salt block packaging so that it would fit in the flat rate box. Where there's a will, there's a way. :laugh:
  • Fornia
    Fornia Posts: 451
    Rebecca, the funny thing is...I'm half german, half Hungarian. :) Would be interested in hearing about those cookies. That is, if it's not classified info. If so, no problemo.