Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Broken Thermapen Part 2

Options
highpress
highpress Posts: 694
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Some of you may recall i posted a couple days ago i broke my thermapen. I was pretty pissed. I had sprayed a chemical contact cleaner and it cracked and destroyed the plastic body. Anyways, I did call their CS and they will fix my thermapen! I'll have to pay like a small fee, ($10 i think she said) but it's a hell of alot better than buying a new one. It'll be reacalibrated, and come with a new warrenty. So Kudos to thermapen on their CS. And thanks eggheads for some the advice and listening to my rant.

Fidel, i did notice the screw after the plastic broke in pieces. Is the label glued over the screw? and is it just that one screw that holds the thermapen together. Do you have to take the bigger label off as well? And can you reapply the label afterwords?

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Glad it worked out for you! All reports I've seen about Thermoworks' customer service have been excellent.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Grandpas Grub
    Options

There are screws under the large label and the round hinge label. If you feel the label you can feel where the screw holes are at.

GG
  • highpress
    Options
    Kent,
    can you restick the labels on after you peel them off?
  • highpress
    Options
    thanks Michael. I beleive you were the one that oringally posted to call them. I kind if felt like an idiot when i call them, but i'm glad i did. Saved me 90 bucks... Cuz i would NOT be withouth a thermapen!
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options

Behind the large label there are two access screws, top right and bottom just left of center. And two adjustment screws for calibration.

Amber at Thermoworks says to carefully remove the label and then replace the label. With those instructions it would seem the label can be replaced.

I have some photo's of the thermapen with the label removed. These were sent to me by Amber and are included with the calibration instructions. If you would like a copy email your email address, the instructions/pictures have to be sent as an attachment. Amber asked me not to distribute the information without including the entire document and Thermoworks Logo information.

My e address is kentja at comcast dot net

Kent
  • highpress
    Options
    Kent,
    thanks, email sent!
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options

Jimmy,

.net not .com sorry for the error. Please resend the email.

Kent
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    I am glad it all worked out for you Jimmy. Tim ;)