Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spring Bok and Ostrich

Options
irishrog
irishrog Posts: 375
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was in my local LIDL yesterday and found frozen Spring Bok and Ostrich steaks.
I have cooked ostrich before but would like some new ideas if anybody has cooked this, and also some ideas for spring bok please.

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Spring bok...? Is that a veggie Roger?
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    it is closely related to the spring onion and the ramp :laugh:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Springbok
  • irishrog
    irishrog Posts: 375
    Options
    Spring Bok is a South African animal similar to a deer or a gazell, I think. I have never eaten it yet, but am looking forward to trying it over the weekend. It came frozen in steaks, a bit like cuts of fillet steak,
    I have cooked ostrich before on the egg and found it very like fillet steak but with a stronger, more intense flavour, it is really tender and cooks very well on the egg. I cooked it just like steak, and aminterested if anybody has cooked it differently.