Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thank You to My Secret Elf

Options
Chef Charles
Chef Charles Posts: 871
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Yesterday the Postman left me a message telling me that a package arrived while I was at work. Knowing that my secret Elf had sent my package, I rushed to the post office on my way home today and it was indeed the package from the elf :woohoo:

016.JPG

Well, a big thanks goes out to my secret elf Howard from Pittsford New York (I don't know the forum handle). To my surprise, I found a cookbook, two bottles of sauce and a spice rub -- all of which came from Dinosaur Bar-B-Que, a restaurant chain in upstate New York which before today I had never heard of.

019.JPG

It is great getting stuff that you can't find locally. I am looking forward to checking out the cookbook and using the sauces and the rub -- I mean who wouldn't want some cajun foreplay :evil:.

Thanks again Howard

Tom

Tom

Charles is a mischevious feline who always has something cooking

Twin lbge's .. grew up in the sun parlor of Canada but now egging in the nation's capital

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Sounds like a good elf ;)
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• TheDirtyBurger
    Options
    That place is supposed to be pretty awesome. Next time I am in that area (which I hope is never, lol) I plan to hit her up.
  • Chef Charles
    Options
    I went through the cookbook last night and there are several recipes that I want to give a try.

Tom

Tom

Twin lbge's .. grew up in the sun parlor of Canada but now egging in the nation's capital

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    If you like Dino's stuff, you can order online. I've been to their Syracuse store a few times. Cool place!

http://www.dinosaurbarbque.com/

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• howmeisterg
    Options
    Hi! I was Chef Charles' secret Elf!

My family and I love to go to Dinosaur - pre-Egg, but that that I have the Egg, well perhaps I may be go there as much!

The cookbook is great - I usually stick some old standbys (though I really should branch out) - the Red Rub recipe is my rub standby and is very flavorful. I love the Honey Hush Cornbread as an accompaniment to any meal, and the desserts are sinful.

I have also made their pickle recipe which is also great.

There is a Dinosaur BBQ in Syracuse, Rochester, Harlem (NYC), and now Troy NY.

Glad you enjoyed the cookbook!
  • Chef Charles
    Options
    Howmeisterg

It is great to put a "handle" to the name. Thanks again for all of the great goodies.

Tom

Tom