Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Finally cooked again!!

AlwaysGolfAlwaysGolf Posts: 704
edited 7:54PM in EggHead Forum
Finally got back around to Egging again. Had a pork loin in the fridge that had been curing for some buckboard/canadian bacon. And last nights dinner of thick cut pork chops and a ribeye for the dear daughter.

Wife and daughter raved about the bacon. Had already promised a friend a third of it for a Christmas party brunch on Saturday, which upset the daughter, LOL. And used part in a soup tonight for dinner.

Will definitely be making more before Christmas.

Before smoking:

Just off the Egg:

Last nights dinner:

• HossHoss Posts: 14,600
    Wifey LOVES the loin bacon.Scweet lookin cooks!
  • Looks great. I have about 17lbs worth of pork loin sitting in the fridge right now curing. I used Tenderquick and a little brown sugar. I am trying to decide if I will use a rub and which one. The Dizzy Pig people recommend Cowlick for the peppery taste. Sounds like it might be good. Any advice?
  • I used the Hi-Moutain buckboard bacon cure, sprinkled with some fresh ground black pepper. Pretty much followed the directions on Third-eye's site. HTH
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    I'm glad I seen this post because I just got two packages of Buck Board Bacon and a 10 pound Boston Butt. I still need to de-bone the butt and cut in half. I can not wait to try it out. Tim

I love a thick cut pork chop seared on the egg. :P
  • PjoePjoe Posts: 224
    This sounds interesting, Could share more details with a newby?

• MickeyMickey Posts: 18,628
    That looks good. I get to work about 7:30 I think it will work fine with coffee :laugh:
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• BigABigA Posts: 1,157
    NICE!! :cheer: The food looks great!
  • pjoe,
    Pretty much followed the instructions on Thirdeyes website, cooking with smoke and fire. Ordered the cure from Hi-mountain, pretty easy and simple