Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best way to hold prime rib??

Options
Central Pork
Central Pork Posts: 83
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have just finished my prime rib. It has hit my target temp but it is nearly an hour till dinner time. I know its good to let one sit for up to a half an hour , but how bout a whole hour?? should I bring the temp way down on the egg and keep it out there or bring it in and foil?? Thanks for the help
CP

Comments

• UnConundrum
    Options
    CentralPork,[p]Actually, you're just on target, IMHO ;) Wrap it in foil, and put it in a insulated box (cooler)... just like a brisket. Let it sit for that hour and it will be all the better for the rest.
  • Nessmuk
    Nessmuk Posts: 251
    Options
    CentralPork,
    Wrap it in film 905 & place it in a styrofoam container. It will hold temp for about 2 hours.[p]BBQ contestants place it back in the smoker at a low temp to keep it warm until they turn it in for judging.[p]

• Borders
    Borders Posts: 665
    Options
    CentralPork, I'm doing my 1st PR tomm. How long did you keep yors in the cooler, and how dit it turn out?
    Scott

• Central Pork
    Options
    Borders,
    I didnt actually cooler it. I put it on the slicing platter and covered it completely in foil. I held it there for 45 minutes before slicing and it was very juicy. It was not "piping" hot, but was very warm indeed. It was an eight pounder and I had seven guests. There is about 2 small (thin)slices left, so I beleive the consensus was it was very good. Good luck with yours tomorrow. Today was my first prime rib. If you have done butts, etc, prime rib seems to be a cake walk.
    CP

• Borders
    Borders Posts: 665
    Options
    CentralPork, thanks. Mine is cruising along right now. I appreciate the input,
    Scott