Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Sandi\'s Meatball Recipe from Eggtoberfest

drbbqdrbbq Posts: 1,152
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Here's the recipe for those meatballs Sandi made at Eggtoberfest.

Sandi’s Zesty Sausage Cheese Balls in Pepper Jelly Sauce

1 package pork breakfast sausage roll
3/4 C Bisquick
2 C (8 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 C finely chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. chili powder
Hot Pepper Jelly

Prepare the egg to cook indirect at 350
Mix all ingredients except the Hot Pepper Jelly. Shape into 36 one inch balls. Place on grill topper.
Cook 15-18 minutes until firm
Remove from grill and dip in melted hot pepper jelly before serving
Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
·

Comments

• YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
    ·
  • FrankCFrankC Posts: 414
    I know this may sound a little uninformed (nice way of saying dumb :whistle: ), but what is a package of pork breakfast sausage roll? Is it just a package of breakfast sausage links?

The recipe sounds great, and I want to try. Just want to make sure I use the right sausage!

fc :)
    ·
  • BobSBobS Posts: 2,485
    That sounds good. Thanks for posting!
    ·
  • BobSBobS Posts: 2,485
    FrankC wrote:
    I know this may sound a little uninformed (nice way of saying dumb :whistle: ), but what is a package of pork breakfast sausage roll? Is it just a package of breakfast sausage links?

The recipe sounds great, and I want to try. Just want to make sure I use the right sausage!

Ray will probably see this and respond, but breakfast sausage is frequently sold in 1-lb rolls. You slice off the patties and cook. My guess is that it would be wonderful with about any kind of sausage that you can mix like a meatloaf.
    ·
  • FrankCFrankC Posts: 414
    BobS wrote:
    FrankC wrote:

Ray will probably see this and respond, but breakfast sausage is frequently sold in 1-lb rolls. You slice off the patties and cook. My guess is that it would be wonderful with about any kind of sausage that you can mix like a meatloaf.

Thanks Bob...after I asked the question, that same thought came to mind. Thanks for the help!

·
  • drbbqdrbbq Posts: 1,152
    Eggzactly!
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
    ·