Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hey Max, look what I found.

Car Wash Mike
Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
proscuitto.jpg
<p />Found this today. It was in a little store at the city market in downtown KC. The owner came to the US at the age of 20 in 1972 from Italy. They had a deli, real nice shop.[p]Picked up some of my new found addiction and garlic flavored olive oil. Was going to try on a steak from Mcgonigles today but waiting line to even get into that store was 30 minutes. So off the HY-VEE. Thanks for introducing me.[p]Going to wrap that filet up in proc. and set in garlic olive oil for an hour with just pepper. Then flame away. [p]CWM

Comments

• Car Wash Mike,
    that's fantastic. ..i knew you had to have some place in KC that carried it. ..so, when are you going to give the flank steak rolls a try?. . .and the mild abt's?. .. and remember, if you can find a cantelope, just wrap some around chunks of sweet cantelope, you'll think you died and went to heaven. . .[p]dang, now i gotta go down to the italian store tonight... .

• mad max beyond eggdome,[p]DOH! I forgot about the cantelope. You're better than my reminder calendar. Going to get that tommorrow and take a bunch to moms Saturday. Flank steak is going to have to wait till Monday.[p]CWM
  • Car Wash Mike,[p]Hey CWM! I did a standing rib roast from McGonigles last night - don't ya LOVE that store? Their fresh Italian and Polish sausage is the best I've ever had and I'm a butcher's daughter so that's a lot to say. I drive 40 miles to buy my meat there.[p]Olive oil: Did you try the Italian deli type store at City Market? If you beg them just the right way (it helps to be female so bring your significant other), they let you do taste testings before you buy. They carry about 50 flavors of oil.[p]Cheers!
    Chef Amy (and Mr. Chef Amy)