Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sweet Spicy Nuts . . . !

Sundown
Sundown Posts: 2,980
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
If any of you are contemplating some sweet hot nuts for the holidays try adding some golden raisins to the mix. A few weeks ago someone posted they used apricots we didn't have any so I used the raisins. Just mix them in with the spices, honey, butter etc. When it somes out of the Egg try a raisin and be prepared to be impressed!
Happy Holidays to all.

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Sundown,
    Sounds good![p]Who was it that posted that last recipe? I wanted to thank him for the ideas..but I ferget who it was. I used the soy sauce/maple syrup idea on some almonds and pecans (doing the second batch today). Just mixed some rub into it, and marinaded for a couple hours. Sweeter rub for the pecans, and spicy for the almonds. Amazing how much the nooks and crannies in the pecans hold onto the flavors. The maple syrup really helped bind the spices to the nuts, and formed a nice crust with a light sweetness. [p]I liked these better that the soaked in water version. So...whoever that was, THANKS!
    Beers, Carey
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Nature Boy,[p]I can remember who it was but, you're right THANKS!
    Waiting till after the holidays to send you my whopping rub order. It keeps getting hidden under the stuff I seem to collect on my desk. Have you used any of the Tabasco Chipotle sauce yet? Try it on the almonds. I haven't tried the walnut or pecans yet. Everyone keeps yelling at me for the "hot sweet nuts" whatever that means . . . hehehehehe
    Merry and happy to you and yours.
    Carey

• Pakak
    Pakak Posts: 523
    Nature Boy,[p]I'm purty sure it was Chuckls cuz I tend to remember the Northern Colorado contingent.
  • Pakak
    Pakak Posts: 523
    Yup, it wasd Chuckls. Here it is again:[p]Chuckls' Sweet and Spicy Smoked Almonds
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Pakak,
    Well den, thanks Chuck!!
    Cheers yall. Nuts goin on now.
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • chuckls
    chuckls Posts: 399
    Nature Boy,[p]Hey you're welcome! Boy this board scrolls so fast nowadays that it sure is easy to miss posts. Glad you enjoyed the recipe, eggor suggested I submit it into the recipe section so I did.[p]Merry Christmas![p]Chuck