Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

mollysharkmollyshark Posts: 1,519
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The good: EliShark is about to get a mini for Hanukkah so expect to see him posting here shortly. I'm getting tired of cooking so figured it's time for him to take over!

The Bad: Pork loins. For those of you who were at OKCfest last year you may remember I did a pork loin class. These are pretty foolproof things..except...that once. Bought one from a local store instead of bringing it with from Costco and it was a disaster. The texture after cooking was like it had been pre-chewed. Well last night made a Costco loin on firewire with pineapple and a bunch of teriyaki sauce and while not as pre-chewed as the OKC loin, it was close. Dry as a bone and almost mush on the outside. What in the world is up with pork loins? Are they injecting tons of tenderizer in them to make up for all the marbling the took out? Where have all the fat pigs gone?

The Ugly: Turkey legs. Ya know, it is hard to find a nice turkey leg. I'm a white meat person myself, but LeahShark likes the legs and truthfully I don't know how the turkeys stand up. Dolly Parton has nothing on these turkeys. They have these spindly little legs and I'm telling ya, if the servers at Hooters were made like these turkeys, they would have a lot more business. The legs had tough little tendons right under the skin and hardly any meat on them. How does one find a nice turkey leg?

Finally got the kitchen put back in one piece. No, it wasn't Thanksgiving that did it. It was having the kids home. Got my pansies planted and it looks like a bubble bath, red zin, popcorn, and Toy Story 3 night. Hope you're all having a nice holiday weekend.

mShark

Comments