Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Turkey Broth take two

OblioOblio Posts: 53
edited 1:08PM in EggHead Forum
Only 2 1/2 of 12 guests showed up last night :( While I'm busy carving up what's left of the bird I decided to toss the carcass bones, herbs, onions, lemons in a pot to make more broth (yes, they we all in the fridge after dinner).

Yes, the bird, broth and gravy was great last night, thanks Max! :cheer:

Comments

• Wow, I think you need some new family/friends!

Oh, well, more leftovers for you!
  • Is the half a child or an animal?
  • OblioOblio Posts: 53
    Grown child who HAD to leave while I was making gravy and grabbed a to-go plate. I was only 40 min off the scheduled time.
  • Same here. My wife and I were the only ones to attack a 10# turkey.

I made stock out of the bones, and broth out of the meat that was left. Very interesting. The stock made sort of a loose jelly like texture and the broth was a pure brown liquid.

Both will be fantastic, but I'm curious about how the differences happened.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Could it be the marrow or some other component of the bones?
  • Je ne sais pas, Gwen. I am hoping a stock/broth expert might chime in. Also, I am curious to know which kind (broth or stock) is best used in various recipes.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious