Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

my bird is cranking along. ...

Options
mad max beyond eggdome
mad max beyond eggdome Posts: 8,134
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
21 pounder. .. went in at 10:30 this morning

thanksgiving2010016.jpg

and at 1:00 (after 2 1/2 hours)

thanksgiving2010019.jpg

current temps are 100 in the breast and 125 in the thigh....should be on perfect target for around a 3:00 - 3:30 finish.. ..

Comments

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Ham's at 118 about the same finish time as your bird. I tried calling Egret but I think his hotline is down :laugh:
    Happy Thanksgiving
  • Mr Holloway
    Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Options
    Hey Max
    Was great just chatting with you.
    Your bird is looking great.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family :)

Shane
  • thechief96
    thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    Options
    Looks very good Max...Did you have to call anyone for some help? :laugh:

Happy Thanksgiving and thanks for all you do.
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
  • Hic
    Hic Posts: 350
    Options
    Looking good.

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

• Fornia
    Fornia Posts: 451
    Options
    Looks wonderful Max! Like you know what yer doing there! :P I'm doing mine Spatchcock tomorrow after seeing the results at Fred's TurkeyFest.

Have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Wowww is that the large? this is got to be the biggest roundest bird I've ever seen & sure full of flavour. Happy T day to you, the spawn & the rest of your family
  • EggZactly
    Options
    ... Ours is a ginormous bird. 27 lb; we're doing it in the large Egg which was sort of a stretch. Husband wanted to inject, so we did, but I'm not sure that'll add a whole lot to it... so moist anyway on the Egg.... A last minute emergency kluge-togethered pan (tin foil pans, cooking shears, tin foil) saved the day. We checked the V-rack and plate setter for fit yesterday, but I discovered this AM that the pan beneath it just wasn't big enough to catch the drippings! Anyway, all is well, and we're at 157 degrees in the breast and 170s in the thigh. I won't post pics b/c they're like yours except with the skin a little browner, but I did e-mail to my father and brother in law so they could salivate over them. :-) The icing the breasts thing was pretty nifty. Thanks to Mad Max and his tips, because otherwise I'm not sure I could have pulled this off so well.

THANKS MAD MAX !!!!!!!!
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Nice looking bird Max. We have a huge 5.5 chuck roast in the CIDO. We have about an hour to go. Have a great day. Tim ;)