Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New indirect rig for Medium

Options
redneck6497
redneck6497 Posts: 180
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi All,

I purchased a medium egg at Eggtoberfest. I am now in the market for something to cook indirectly. I purchased a platesetter for my large which I love and use religiously. However, I posted how much I like the platesetter and people said there were better options out there.

What do you all like? What should I get for my medium??

I like to do pork butts, chicken, pizzas (it would be great to have 2 eggs going at the same time), etc.

I would also like to get into some direct grilling which I have done, but without great results.

Thanks!

Comments

• Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    Go to www.ceramicgrillstore.com and check out the accessories Tom has for the medium. His Woo ring and a medium pizza stone will give you a great setup! B) :cheer:

Happy Thanksgiving :)
  • Frobozz
    Options
    I use the Woo ring (which I purchased after I busted a plate setter and couldn't fix it) and a variety of setups. Typically I use the ring with a pizza stone and a foil-lined terracotta flower pot bottom as a drip pan. I've also used the ring with half-height fireplace bricks.

The ring is *incredibly valuable* because it also raises your grate height to the level of the felt ring, making it much easier to control the Egg for a variety of cooking needs. I leave it in place for probably 80 percent of my cooks.
  • redneck6497
    Options
    So the Woo2 sounds pretty cool. I have 2 questions though

1) is there enough air circulation around the sides to do a brisket, or pork butt / etc (using a pizza stone and the crossbars to go indirect)?

2) What size stone should I get from them?