Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Brisket

ChuckChuck Posts: 812
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Happy Memorial Day weekend to all. I'm sure EGGS all across the country will be chugging sweet smoke this weekend, I know mine
will be. I got a 9lb brisket and I have not done one in quite a
while. What is the "magic number" that you are looking for as far
as the internal temp? What dome temp should I smoke it at?
Thanks and have a good one. [p]Chuck

·

Comments

• djm5x9djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Chuck:[p]200* on the dome, 200* on the internal. Cook till the polder shows the internal temperature "stalling" for two or three hours. Then bump the dome to 225 and let the brisket internal rise to 200*. This may take a little time, but the wait is worth it.

·
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,330
    Chuck,
    I have been having great luck with 250 dome, over drip pan. Check for tenderness with a fork when internal temp hits 185. It will be ready somewhere between 185 and 200 most likely. Figure at least 2.5 hours per pound.[p]Good luck!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·
  • ChuckChuck Posts: 812
    Nature Boy,
    Thanks. I'll let you know how it turns out.[p]

·