Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Early To Rise

EggvisEggvis Posts: 94
edited 2:49PM in EggHead Forum
Well, I woke up at 6:00am and lit my big friend up. Have the company Xmas party today and they are in for a treat! At 7:00, I started 2 spatchcock chickens and they are smoking just right. Hopefully, around 8:00, they will be warming in my cooler and on will go my 4 pork tenderloins. Hope everyone's day starts off this good! I'll let ya know how they all come out.[p]Paul

Comments

• Eggvis,[p]Have a good time. I checked on my Christmas Brisket and it's at 177 degrees right now. I'll be pulling it off and wrapping it soon for lunch today at the office.[p]Cheers,[p]Ed
  • EggvisEggvis Posts: 94
    GrillMeister,[p] The chicken and pok came out perfectly. Finished the cook around 8:45 (Total time for two chickies/4 pork loins...1 hr, 45 min) Covered with foil and towels in a cooler and served at noon. All meat was juicy and still quite warm. Not sure if anybody in the plant was awake or if they own taste buds, but only a few people commented on what I prepared. Not blowing my horn, but it was the best chicken and pork I have made to date. Oh well, maybe they were just in awe from what the egg delivered. Haha[p]Have a great holiday![p]Paul

• Eggvis,[p]Sounds like it turned out well. If only a few folks commented it's usually because the others are to busy putting stuff in their mouths. LOL[p]My brisket was a hit at the office. The whole thing disappeared in less than 20 minutes after slicing. My better half will be happy that it went well and disappointed that I won't be bringing any leftovers home. I'll make it up to her by cooking her very own Christmas Brisket.[p]Cheers,[p]Ed