Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Let It Begin:

Options
Pork Butt Mike
Pork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Started cooking today for Turkey day. This is my method, the way I like doing it up.

Stage 1
I like making my gravy a head of time. I Started doing this years ago, took Tyler's Ultimate Turkey gravy from food Network, but with a few changes I like to do.

Pickup two Turkey wings and a package of giblets and hearts. Took the wings and roasted them till golden brown. Then browned up the Giblets and hearts in stock pot with some olive oil. Take three carrots,3 celery stalks, and one onion.

Just cut the carrots, onion and Celery in about four pieces. I leave out the garlic that he puts in. Dump all that in the stock pot with the wings. Add chicken broth high enough to cover. Add fresh Sage, Thyme and Rosemary.

Bring all to a boil and lower heat to a simmer. Cook down for about 4 hours. Strain the stock so all you have is the liquid. Take stock pot add a half of stick of butter and two heaping table spoons of flour to make your ruex. Start adding your stock next and keep whisking. Comes out so rich this way and creamy. Pluss you have left over stock to freeze.

Take the meat from the wings off the bone, which will really fall off and save it for your stuffing. Then take some more gibblets and Turkey hearts brown up then cut up fine and add to your gravy. Now to me thats good eats.

Will do up Turkey up right on the small egg at the camp site and the rest of the fixings. Will post the setup and method with pictures when we get back.

000_0176.jpg
The Stock

000_0177.jpg
The Gravy

000_0179.jpg
Finished

This is my method and I love the results, You will have more gravy then you know what to do with.

Comments