Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mad Max, Flank Steak Rollups were Awesome!

Options
Mac  in NC
Mac in NC Posts: 287
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just finished with my dinner party for the neighbors and those flank steak rollups were an absolute hit. There were a total of seven of us eating (3 gals, 4 men) two whole flank steaks. Only two pieces of meat remained. I'll definitely make these again. [p]The meal played out as follows...[p]Beverage: Homemade eggnog, cranberry iced tea[p]Appetizer: Spinach and artichoke dip with toasted french bread[p]Dinner: Flank steak rollups, sour cream and garlic mashed red potatoes, broiled asparagus marinated in olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and garden salad [p]Dessert: Warm chocolate skillet cake with caramel and chocolate ganache icing[p]What a night!!! Time for bed...[p]Thanks again!! Mac

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Mac in NC,
    you are very welcome . . .i'm thrilled they worked out so well for you. ..[p]how about a little explanation/recipe for that chocolat cake? sounds great. ...

• Mac in NC[p]Could you give us the recipe???
  • Steve-B
    Steve-B Posts: 339
    Options
    OrangeBeachReb,[p]Here is the link. Read thru the thread for some pics.[p]
    [ul][li]Mad Max's Flank Steak Pinwheels[/ul]
  • Mac  in NC
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]No problem. I'd be happy to share.[p]Prepare a devil's food cake (per box instructions) in either a skillet or a springform pan. I like to use the pan. Let cool for five minutes or so. Mix 1/2 jar of carmel topping with 4 oz. of baker's semi-sweet chocolate. Heat slowly in microwave til chocolate just melts and stir. Pour on top of warm cake and spread evenly. Sprinkle a coating of chopped pecans on glaze. Immediately place in freezer for ten minutes in order for the ganache to glaze over. Remove from freezer and serve while cake is still warm with a scoop of ice cream. I like to use butter pecan. Easy...[p]Mac