Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

turkey

Options
baseball
baseball Posts: 6
edited November -1 in EGG Table Forum
first time to cook turkey. I have a 20 lb bird. what temperature and aprox how long

Comments

• baseball
    Options
    does anyone have the receipe for the cheese cake
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Hey, baseball! You're in the wrong forum for food type questions. This one is for tables for the egg. The vast majority of the members spend most of their time in the main Egghead forum. I'm sure you'll get answers there. You may get some here too, but it'll take longer.

No clue about the plano recipes, but as for a turkey, same as if you were using your oven (both temp and time). Indirect. Also, check out Mad Max's very popular method. I haven't tried it, but everyone who has seems to love it...

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/madmaxturkey.htm

Good luck - and welcome!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• wanna be egger
    Options
    First time cooking turkey on egg. Need a brine recipe also do I use plate?